Monday 7 February 2011

A Brave new World?

So, what's happening here? In short I suppose I'm responding to a blawg written by another mature student in Glasgow, who's a few years ahead of me in terms of her law career. The quite impressive Michelle Hynes who's blog I read regularly http://legaleaglemhm.wordpress.com/, looking for hints and tips along with a little chat about what I've got to look forward to over the next few years.

I feel it'd be a little rude to write my first post without introducing myself, My name's Drew and I'm the 2nd year of my LL.B, at Strathclyde University, doing quite well so far and generally and genuinely enjoying being back at uni. I feel like studying law is something which I wouldn't have found myself doing straight from school, I possibly wouldn't even have been capable of it, (not academically more in terms of my level of commitment and self discipline).

Anyhoo, it's my plan  to document my journey from the start of my 2nd academic life, (beginning a few years ago) when I decided to return to higher Education, right up to the point of Graduation and beyond out into the big wild world of law, be that as a Solicitor, Advocate, Academic or something entirely different. If all goes well and time permits, I'll discuss my classes, learning techniques, motivations and anything else which seems relevant. Hopefully someone'll find it of use or interest . . . .

4 comments:

  1. Hi Drew

    Brilliant and great to see yor new Blog.I will be following your progress and I have added your blog to my blog roll too.Good luck in your studies and with blogging and let me know If i can help you on your journey.(Thanks also for mentioning me in your blog - I am honoured)

    Michelle.L.Hynes
    Legaleaglemhm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your studies. Do I take it you're doing the part time degree? A long slog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the "Blawgosphere" Drew! It's great to see another Scots based law student blog opening up. Looking forward to hearing about the trials and tribulations of Law School from a mature student doing it part time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you one and all for your comments, I'm pleasantly surprised to have been noticed after only a day. Looks like I'll need to make a habit of this!

    ReplyDelete